- Understand the principles of creating an effective web page, including an in-depth consideration of information architecture;
- Become familiar with graphic design principles that relate to web design and learn how to implement theories into practice;
- Develop skills in analyzing the usability of a web site;
- Understand how to plan and conduct user research related to web usability;
- Learn the language of the web: HTML and CSS;
- Learn CSS grid layout and flexbox;
- Learn techniques of responsive web design, including media queries;
- Develop skills in digital imaging (Adobe Photoshop.);
- Be able to embed social media content into web pages.
Web Design explores the historical and rapidly changing trends in the field of web designing. Through design projects, students develop problem-solving and critical thinking
skills, artistic perception, critique and self-reflection. With the awareness of design solutions throughout history, students will understand the impact of the arts and
design on human experience. Students will learn methods and theory such as elements and principles of design, to enhance their own artistic vision and style.
Design critiques and presentations will provide opportunities for students to become and grow as design artists. All experiences will be project-based and will
focus on developing perception and the application of the elements of art and principle of design through contemporary design applications and web design.
This course includes a broad series of lessons and activities that offer a variety of modalities for ultimate student engagement and content retention. Each unit contains a series of lessons that include introduction of content, virtual demonstration of that content, and repeated opportunity to practice that content.
By completing the FUTURE TALENT Web Design Course, you'll:
- Master the tools and concepts needed to properly format a web page
- Know the conventions and languages or scripts commonly used today;
- Learn how to design a web page using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML);
- Learn how to plan a site, using text editors versus HTML and WYSIWYG editors, basic tags, editing, viewing and linking documents;
- Learn how to control the appearance and design fundamentals of a web page using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) including internal, external and in-line style
- Master control of attributes and appearance of graphics;
MODULE -2 : COLOR & CONTRAST
- Learn how to identify and explain the attributes of color;
- Learn to implement the proper use of color theory on web projects;
- Master vocabulary related to the industry;
- Create web graphics suitable for web logos, headlines, icons, backgrounds and in-line pictures;
MODULE-3: Elements of Design: Line, Space, Uniformity, Repetition, Contrast, Alignment and Proximity
- Learn about the history of design, it's historical and cultural influences and the technological advancement of design
- Learn the vocabulary and application of visual arts and elements of design including line, space, uniformity, repetition, contrast, alignment and proximity;
- Analyze examples of good and poor use of design and they critique various documents and web pages for proper use of styling elements ;
MODULE- 4: Typography
- Learn the importance of the skills in controlling the typography on a web site;
- Learn the best practices for font use and selection;
- Create custom font and critique their use on student constructed web pages;
- Explore fonts from past generations and time periods, as well as the difference in fonts used in various cultures;
MODULE-5: TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF CLIENTS
- Students will complete their own comprehensive website;
Click on one of the training format options below to book your training. Select 'classroom' to view and book a place on a scheduled training course date and location, or select 'in-house' to enquire about training tailored for your organisation.
To become a web designer, which is quite a popular profession in this digital world, you must possess some professional, technical, and soft web designer skills.
Professional skills include knowing the design tools, design sense, UX design, Graphic design, Adobe Animate. Technical skills include having knowledge about HTML,
RATUL MAHFUZ; Consultant-Online Creative Communications
With 15+ years background to work with the giant creative houses and advertising agencies, Mr. Ratul has been working on several online platforms as a freelancer and digital marketing specialist. He has worked with ROOP COMMUNICATIONS, Unitrend Ltd. (Affiliated with McCann Ericksion WorlWide), Madonna Advertising (Affiliated with EURO RSCG World Group), Windmill Ltd. He has taken care of the products like Nestle', Holcim, National Panasonic, The Pan Pacific Sonargaon and many others. Besides, Mr. Ratul Mahfuz has been working as a consultant with several Non Govt. Organizations (NGOs) for writing their Fund Raising Proposal and develop BCC (Behaviorial Changing Communications) Materials.